Wednesday 6 August 2008

The iPhone Cometh (to the Enterprise, like it not)

Having played around with an iPhone in the Apple store in Sydney, I've been reflecting on the hype and talking to an Apple guru I know, Damian Damjanovski, to understand better how and where it fits as an enterprise business technology.

Personally I think there is a lot of misinformation flying around about the iPhone from all sides, however I did enjoy this comment:

"I don't recall Apple going after the Enterprise...More the Enterprise came after Apple."

Lets not forget how the BlackBerry first infiltrated the enterprise. If I worked for enterprise IT, I'd want to be on the front foot with the iPhone this time around. Perhaps this explains why a law firm like Mallesons Stephen Jaques is evaluating the iPhone sooner, rather than later? To me, that sounds like a smart move.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.