Still on my Enterprise RSS thing... I noticed in the list of features in BEA's AquaLogic Interaction 6.5 that has just been released:
"Comprehensive RSS production and consumption: a comprehensive notification and subscription service that supports RSS generation to track new activity on common objects, as well as immediate or summary email updates. Additionally, the release features an RSS crawler, to import content into the search index and knowledge management framework via RSS"
Looking at the release notes, they describe these four specific new features:
- RSS crawling: the web content crawler now understands RSS feeds
- RSS portlets: users can display RSS feeds in portlets on My Pages or community pages
- RSS consumption of AquaLogic Notification Service feeds (from Collaboration)
- Per-user activity stream includes an RSS output
Incidentally, AquaLogic Interaction 6.5 also offers some activity stream features:
- Activity Stream + REST API: each user has an activity stream (a list of activities/events) which can be enriched by any application that can communicate via HTTP
- End-user status update: users can update their own status information; the status can be added to the user profile page and subscribed to by other users
Unfortunately I have never had the opportunity to play with BEA's products, so I can't really tell you how on this works in practice. However, you can download evaluation versions quite easily off the BEA site - if only I had more time, and a spare server...
Care of Mike Gotta.