Sunday 1 April 2007

Enterprise 2.0 and Records Management

I've talked a few times recently with people who are trying to reconcile Web 2.0 and Enterprise 2.0 technologies with issues in organisations related to records management. Well it looks like Google have done it again and solved this problem with Google Paper:

"Now in Gmail, you can request a physical copy of any message with the click of a button, and we'll send it to you in the mail."

As the name suggests, Google Paper is the smart way of backing up email as physical record. At this stage it looks like Google Paper is only available via Gmail, but imagine we'll soon see it added to the whole of the Google office suite - hopefully this will include Google Reader as I'd love to keep paper copies of the stuff I read in the blogosphere. After this I'm sure it only a matter of time before enterprise software vendors catch up with a similar offering.

I really think this idea is going to make adoption of Enterprise 2.0 so much easier. What do you think?

Hat tip to Read/WriteWeb.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a fantastic idea. I've been thinking how this whole Internet thing has been getting far too hi tech recently. Sometimes the old ways are the best ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon... I'm a bit disappointed as I just found out that you can already print from Microsoft Word... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.