Sunday 20 January 2008

Gaming, learning and the coming galactic war

I had a more thoughtful post in mind about social networks but have been distracted by some other real world issues this weekend. In the meantime, make of it what you will about these two medical stories related to gaming and learning:

  • From Wired, Man Imitates America's Army, Saves Lives - "A North Carolina man who saw an SUV flip and roll on a highway last November was able to provide medical aid to the victims with skills he learned from the America's Army, say the videogame's makers."
  • From Engadget, Wii used to hone surgeons' fine motor skills - "a study on a small group of surgeons who had practiced gaming with a modified controller showed them to achieve significantly more improvement on a standard simulator procedure than did a corresponding group of control subjects."

Hmm. I'm not sure what Star Wars Battlefront is teaching me, but should I find myself in the middle of a galactic war clearly I shall be well prepared ;-)

Technorati tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.