Monday 19 November 2007

Wollongong: Mostly Harmless

Its the little things that count - while signing up to Dopplr (care of fellow CSC'er Mark) I was asked to enter my Home City - all I typed in was the word "Wollongong". Dopplr replied:

"We know about just one place in the world that matches what you've typed: Wollongong, Australia."

Nice, very nice.

Every Web 2.0 service out there please take note, I might not live in North America, but I am still part of the known universe rather than the mystical realm of otherland or the kingdom of noneoftheabove :-)

Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

  1. haha that made me laugh :)

    But you are right: is it really that hard for a decent database to be used for locations online?

    Hmmm what Dopplr should've said was:
    "We know about just one place in the world that matches what you've typed: Wollongong, Australia. And your broadband sucks."

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Re: broadband sucks. Very true.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.