Tuesday 19 July 2005

David Weinberger: An equal and opposite reaction

I really want to stop blogging about blogging (and related subjects) so I can talk about some other information and knowledge management issues, but I just can't help myself... so I'm just going to give in to it...

A short article by David Weinberger (of Small Pieces Loosely Joined, Cluetrain Manifesto and JOHO) has appeared in KMWorld Magazine where he comments on the efforts of corporations, the media and education systems to fight against the tide of the digital revolution (which includes the social software revolution). He writes "These are fear-based reactions to the change that has already happened. The retrenchment may feel good for a moment, but it's bad policy and it will not stand."

PS I also love this honest post by Weinberger in his JOHO blog where he admits, "No, I'm not keeping up with your blog".

Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.