Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year!

Living in Australia, I crossed into 2009 many hours ago. For those of you still in 2008 I can tell you that this morning at least, its looking pretty good over on this side.

Of course, this is also a reminder for me about the limitations of all this wonderful communication and collaboration technology we have - we can compress distance, but alas not time. Luckily that didn't worry me too much on this New Years Eve - it was time I spent with friends in the same place at the same time. And I hope you too had (or will have!) the chance to enjoy New Years Eve in real time with friends and family.

Happy New Year (and belated Christmas greetings) everyone!

UPDATE: A related story about two virtual Australian NYE parties... interesting that they run for "24 hours to cover worldwide timezones".

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.