Thursday 3 January 2008

More reading, less blogging

Not by any deliberate decision, but my blog and even my twitter feed is a little quiet right now as other summer holiday diversions call. On a practical level, the heat generated by my laptop doesn't make for a comfortable blogging and feed reading experience any way... it just makes me think about going swimming instead ;-)

One of those diversions includes a rather large pile of books to read through over the next week or so... So far I've read London: The Biography by Peter Ackroyd and I'm about to finish Down Under by Bill Bryson (very funny, particularly for a blow in like me even after a decade). Next on the pile are Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond and The Android's Dream by John Scalzi for something a little different. And there are another six waiting once I get through this lot...

Incidentally, while I'm not reading much that's online, LibraryThing did turn out to be quite useful in coming up with some reading suggestions.

PS Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.