Monday 15 October 2007

The Trouble with LinkedIn Answers

I still like LinkedIn and don't necessarily think its a bad thing to have a less intense online networking space. Using LinkedIn is pretty much event drive - e.g. adding someone to your network, responding to an invitation, finding someone, etc. When LinkedIn Answers first appeared I really liked the idea - it provides an extra reason to login to LinkedIn and helps to build social captial. But, is it just me or is there a problem with LinkedIn Answers?

IMHO the stream of questions coming through the Answers pipe is becoming too much and LinkedIn desperately needs to provide a more effective way for filtering questions, based on both my interests and my LinkedIn network (its partially there, but the functionality is limited - i.e. I can't do much with the RSS feed to filter on those attributes). There also needs to be a better mechanism for people who are thinking of asking a question to tap into past answers.

One solution might be to introduce user tagging, along side their formal categories. I would also like to have the ability to rate questions, not just answers. And how about a measure of how many questions someone has asked versus how many answered?

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.