Tuesday 5 June 2007

IE6's Got Those Google Gears Blues...

As I always feared, in the quest for rich Internet applications and offline we have forgotten the very problem that Web-based applications were supposed to solve... instant access, no software to install, compatibility across different systems...

I couldn't resist any longer and installed Google Gears into IE6 and now Google Reader is broken. I'm not completely alone with this issue. Now I'm in control panel of all places to remove this beastie from IE6 and Google Gears is telling me I need to restart my computer :-(

This isn't how the Web 2.0 world is supposed to work, is it? Perhaps it will be better when offline is native in the browser? I hope so.

(Yes, I could upgrade IE6 - but that's the point isn't it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.