I know that dealing with information overload and working effectively with collaborative technologies such as e-mail, instant messaging and groupware continue to be a problem for people in many organisations. So I wasn't surprised that as a result of my posting yesterday on mastering e-mail overload I received a request from an organisation to run a lunch time briefing session for staff on this subject.
I would like to take this opportunity to extend an invitation to any other organisations out there to contact me (details can be found on my Website) if you would like a short briefing to your staff on effective e-mail or just about any other workplace technology issue you can think of.
Some other ideas for briefings include:
- Online customer service
- Writing for the Web or Intranets
- Empowering customers with technology
- Instant messaging benefits
- Getting on with groupware
- Blogging and wikis for business (also see details of my upcoming seminar in Canberra)
- Teleconferencing and videoconferencing best practices
- Managing remote staff and virtual teams
- The pros and cons of being always on, always connected
- Information security essentials for staff